Express Mail Service (EMS) Prohibitions
The EMS service does not undertake the handling of items containing any of the following:
- Inflammable materials
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosive substances
- Dry ice
- Compressed gases
- Inauthentic and false products
- Cigarettes, cigars and tobacco
- Antiquities (including ancient coins, rare books and printed matter with historical value) without permission by the competent authorities
- Objects of art
- Pornographic material
- Activated credit cards
- Food that may get rotten
- Animals and plants
- Gold, platinum and precious stones in any form
- Blood not in the appropriate packing and without relevant certification from a competent physician or hospital that it is not infectious, written in English
- Medicines, without prescription in English, stating analytically the medicines name and their intended use.
- Items, that by their nature or their packing may be self-destroyed or destroy other items.
- Items charged with exportation duty, without exportation permit by the Customs Authorities.
- Items the importation and delivery of which from their country of origin is prohibited according to the ELTA LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Items the handling and transportation of which is banned by ΙΑΤΑ
FOR NON EU COUNTRIES, GOODS, EXCEPT CUSTOMS STATEMENT, SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY INVOICES TOO, IN ORDER TO RENDER CUSTOM CLEARANCE EASIER.
The “Declared Value” service is offered only to contractual customers and after a respective written agreement.
Wooden cases packing with destination the U.S.A. are accepted only if synthetic wood has been used, such as MDF or sea plywood
NATURAL WOOD PACKINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.